Devri's dance class- tumbling- got to perform at Glendale Glitters. It was quite a night for us! I was backstage dropping Devri off when Cameron called me panicked saying he lost Daxton. I went running- I have never been so scared in my life. I ran to Cameron to get Danika so he could start looking better. For those of you that have been there- you know- but there is just people everywhere! It is chaos! Cameron had let Daxton out of the stroller to stretch his legs and he was jumping off this little wall with another little boy - suddenly Daxton just decided to run!! Cameron turned to get Danika and chase Daxton but when he got Danika and turned around Daxton was gone! It was probably only 10 minutes but the longest 10 minutes of my life! He immediately called me and we both started looking. I ran to the bouncy houses to tell people and he went wherever. My in-laws called while he was lost and Cam told them just to start looking at this point he could be anywhere. Karen ran and found a security guard to ask if they could announce - as they were discussing they saw another security guard on stage with a little boy- Daxton. They told Karen they found him on the upper level- near the parking garage!! Scary!! Needless to say- Daxton was strapped in the rest of the night! I was in tears just talking/thinking about it. Daxton wasn't even scared/crying is the scariest part! I lectured and lectured him but he is 2! I hope something got through and we learned as parents of a wild boy- dont let him out of stroller ever!
Lucky for us! We didn't miss the dance performance- and Devri did so good I posted the dance below.


Devri with her friend Sophie


Daxton not happy that is was never getting out again!!
4 comments:
FREAK Tiffani! i was crying just READING this! oh my gosh! i can't imagine! what a scary thing for you guys!!! seriously, i can NOT imagine! i am sooo sorry that happened... give you a mini heart attack!!!
devri looked beautiful as always! I LOVE the pic of daxton knowing he is strapped forever.
and danika ooh what a happy precious beautiful baby girl!
merry christmas! I AM SOOOOO glad things turned out good! love you!
I can't even imagine- freaks me out and makes me all panicky just thinking about what you guys were going through. So glad everything turned out OK- and yah strap that speedy little rascal in!! Haha. Dev looks beautiful all done up for her dance- so great you got the scare with Dax handled and were able to enjoy her performance!
Scary with Dax-- but I can see how it happened he is quite the quick little runner. Glad that you didn't miss the performance and that he was safe.
So sorry. I definitely agree, it is the absolute worst feeling as a parent, not to know where your babies are. It happened once to us, and I STILL have nightmares about it.
Post a Comment