Saturday, May 15, 2010

Devri's Birthday

Devri knew exactly what she wanted for her birthday day. She told me what outfit and what hair piece. She wanted to wear a crown since it was her day! I rolled with it because I thought she is right- what do I care- it is her day! She didn't want cupcakes brought into school but cookie ice cream sandwiches and she wanted me to come in and watch them sing her Happy Birthday! It was very cute- watching all the kids sing and seeing Devri so excited but a little shy from all the attention.


She had gymnastics after school and she let me just get cupcakes for them. Her coach was so cute and threw her in the pit and everyone got to throw pit balls at her while they sang to her. Then we came home for our little family celebration.
Thank you everyone for all the cute gifts She was so excited.

She is against cupcakes/cake still since she is sure that is what made her throw up when she had a little stomach flu- I dont blame her. So ice cream is becoming a tradition.


1 comment:

Lydia Mills- said...

I SO, SO LOVE that you rolled with all of Dev's adorable birthday wishes (in Mer's case it would be demands)You are the cutest mom! She looks super sweet with the crown. Agh! I cannot get over how grown up she looks..I know I say it every year, but seriously, this year it's insane. Oh, I think the ice cream with candles tradition is awesome too!